Author Topic: 6B12 Philosopher  (Read 87 times)

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
6B12 Philosopher
« on: April 19, 2022, 04:06:15 PM »
I bought this 6B12 Philosopher off Facebook Marketplace and it arrived yesterday. The seller packed it very well. It's in decent shape, and I'll be replacing the cord. I haven't plugged it in yet so I don't know if it works. However one thing the seller didn't mention is that it's missing the time set knob. Not a big deal
"Well aren't you just a fun-filled little lollipop triple-dipped in psycho."

Telechrony

• Telechronie
Re: 6B12 Philosopher
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 06:38:13 PM »
Very nice @@*
I'd like to say, what I mean to say, will occur to me long after I've gone....... *^!

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 07:23:03 PM »
Very nice @@*

Thanks! This one's been on my wish list for a while, but they don't come around that often. When I saw the listing that someone posted on Facebook I had to get it. I got it for $25.00 plus $10.80 shipping. So all together not a bad deal. I just got a new cord and new felt feet for her. I cleaned up the case and the glass with Plast-X, and I'll go over the case later with some Howard RAF to try and cover up the dents and dings. 

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 07:29:51 PM »
Here's the back of mine...

https://telechron.net/forager/index.php/topic,1549.msg18740.html#msg18740

It has a big knob, most philosophers do...

Telechrony

• Telechronie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 10:43:40 PM »
Very nice @@*

Thanks! This one's been on my wish list for a while, but they don't come around that often. When I saw the listing that someone posted on Facebook I had to get it. I got it for $25.00 plus $10.80 shipping. So all together not a bad deal. I just got a new cord and new felt feet for her. I cleaned up the case and the glass with Plast-X, and I'll go over the case later with some Howard RAF to try and cover up the dents and dings.
Howard RAF? I haven't heard of that ?-? Hope to see pics when finished  @@*
Restore-A-Finish. Duh, I get it now  *^@
I'd like to say, what I mean to say, will occur to me long after I've gone....... *^!

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 11:38:12 PM »
Got the old girl up and running. The rotor is dead silent, and unlike so many Telechron strike movements from this era it strikes properly on the hour and half hour. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 04:26:37 PM »
I went over the case with Howard RAF and touched up some of the dings in the wood. There are some paint splatters on the case that I tired to remove but they won't come off without damaging the finish more than it already is, so I'm going to leave it alone.

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 09:12:01 PM »
Very nice.  That is one of the cleanest and well-balanced clock designs of that period.  Everything fits just so... case, face, font, hands...  (The overall shape reminds me of the standard Packard grill...)

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 12:22:14 AM »
Very nice.  That is one of the cleanest and well-balanced clock designs of that period.  Everything fits just so... case, face, font, hands...  (The overall shape reminds me of the standard Packard grill...)

It does kind of resemble the Packard grill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk