Author Topic: 2H07 - Buffet  (Read 5759 times)

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
Re: 2H07 - Buffet
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 04:45:47 PM »
Prescott....you know OTF...there's a ivory Consort with a bogus baking powder ad face hidden away in the bowels of one of those antique shops....I bet the orginal face is in there...$48...otherwise sweet condition...you up for a road trip?...for me, maybe next time...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:55:52 PM by Kid Clock »

OldTechFan

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »
Prescott....you know OTF...there's a ivory Consort with a bogus baking powder ad face hidden away in the bowels of one of those antique shops....I bet the orginal face is in there...$48...otherwise sweet condition...you up for a road trip?...for me, maybe next time...
  cool... not right away - that's a reasonable 5 hours, $50 S&H (ie gas  ;) ) trip....  have to say that Az has been pretty reasonable for Telechron pickups.. I think it might the migration of the  original buyers here to retire.. and now their kids retiring...  not as rich an area as there must be back in Mass...  |-&

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
... gave it to boinker... the old man... he's got it, as far as I know.

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2018, 02:28:11 PM »
I couldn't pass up Larry's red Buffet case.  I put it to good use.

The donor:
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 02:28:41 PM »
Progress...

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 02:33:12 PM »
Done.  I had to replace the set gear as it was all bent out of shape.  Why?  WD-40 had frozen the movement.   I set pinion on the shaft had one bent tooth where ape-boy tried to force it.  It bent back OK.  I also shortened that set shaft a wee bit to good effect.  It just looks wrong when it sticks out past the knob, doesn't it?  I couldn't stand it.  I'll be honest, the case deserves a better dial than we've go here.  This is a post-War dial which isn't wrong for a plaskon case but this one has all the red faded off and it's a little discolored.  I reserve the right to stick a better dial on this as soon as I locate one.  The bezel on this is A+ though.

Happy New Year!

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 03:34:08 PM »
Very nice, Pappy.  Here is a picture of what was in that pretty red case (don't look if you are prone to nightmares).

Larry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk