Author Topic: Paint for a Chef  (Read 114 times)

Larry

• Telechron Elder
Paint for a Chef
« on: November 30, 2019, 08:06:02 PM »
I just bought a 2H18 Chef ()ebay link which has some bad of scratches on the painted front part.  Has anyone here found a color of spray paint or perhaps a paint marker which is a good match for the original color?

Thank You

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
Re: Paint for a Chef
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 06:36:26 AM »
It's the color of concrete.  Maybe anti-graffiti paint?
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 07:10:02 PM »
I stopped at an Ace Hardware store today with the part.  The closest color they had was khaki, which is much more brown than I would prefer, but I I plan to use it because I do not want to make a large project out of matching the paint for this clock.  It is not an exciting enough clock.

Thank You

Larry

dudlydoo

• Telechronie
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 09:21:56 AM »
try auto body  spray paint cans. color is like undercoat. can afterwards be hand polished or coated with some kind of clear gloss

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 06:49:08 AM »
I noticed the color of my bathroom stalls at work are perfect for the Chef.  Try "Public bathroom" as a search.
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 07:24:18 PM »
I reassembled the clock with the khaki paint and hung it on the kitchen wall.  Two of the four tabs broke off of the bezel, so I improvised with aluminum tape and super glue.  The case and knobs are in excellent condition, but the dial and bezel could be much better.  Perhaps I will eventually find a parts Chef with a good dial and bezel.

In the mean time, I am waiting for the Trixie that I bought (www.ebay.com/itm/184051728197) to arrive tomorrow.

Larry

Mrbill5

• Telechronie
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 07:33:54 AM »
Clock looks good.  Nice paint job.

On the Trixie front I bought one last year. Thought I could get it and flip it for big bucks. Polished the green case, cleaned the aluminum gear movement which had little wear.  Had to replace the rotor.  Mine unfortunately is missing the crystal.  Thought I could find a donor clock but no go.  The plastic tabs design appears to be real weak.
You are lucky your clock has a crystal.
Mine sits on a shelf collecting dust.

Mrbill5

• Telechronie
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 08:57:50 AM »
Got to love those Ebay sellers that are looking for the alarm  when the clock has no alarm hand, or alarm setting knob and is just a shelf clock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk