Author Topic: Power connector source?  (Read 2134 times)

Larry

• Telechron Elder
Re: Power connector source?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2019, 10:02:38 AM »
I have a small collection of antique electric fans.  The earliest electric fans had exposed power terminals on the back of the housing.  The cages on these fans are all open more than wide enough for one to stick their fingers into the path of the blade.  With the very early fans, you had a choice of chopping off your fingers or electrocuting yourself.  A friend of mine once asked me how people used those fans back in the day without losing fingers.  I told him that fingers were much stringer back then.

Larry

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2019, 10:05:58 AM »
http://telechron.net/forager/index.php?topic=485.msg4663#msg4663

Didn't we just talk about this ten years ago?

Well I just started with this most leaned group a few months ago. 

I wasn't trying to be a jerk.  I was amused by the repeating struggles we have and remembered that we discussed this previously.  I was surprised to find it was 10 years ago...

Anyway, it reminded me of an enterprising Pappy, years ago, commissioning the re-manufacture of the elusive and commonly lost MinuetMaster knobs.  I bet he still has a sizable stashed of the knobs hidden away somewhere...

Five bucks if you need one.  We'll break even yet!
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Mrbill5

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »
Even worse are the All American 5 tube radios where the chassis is one leg of the line voltage.  I rebuilt one of these and was scared like crap when the energized chassis was on my work table.  That was even when running thru an isolation transformer. 

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 11:23:37 AM »
Even worse are the All American 5 tube radios where the chassis is one leg of the line voltage.  I rebuilt one of these and was scared like crap when the energized chassis was on my work table.  That was even when running thru an isolation transformer.

I have lots of those.  On the radios with a "hot" chassis, I use polarized power plugs.

Larry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk