Author Topic: Telechron 1L715  (Read 1001 times)

Pat_L

• Telechron Elder
Re: Telechron 1L715
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
Larry,
This cover plate was found in a junk box that was acquired at an NAWCC event last week.  It looks like it might fit your clock.  It's 4-9/16" in diameter.  Let me know if you want me to send it.
Art and Service      :::::::     Always Observatory Time

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 10:28:52 PM »
Larry,
This cover plate was found in a junk box that was acquired at an NAWCC event last week.  It looks like it might fit your clock.  It's 4-9/16" in diameter.  Let me know if you want me to send it.

Pat,

That looks like it is the correct cover for this clock.  Perhaps it is the one which was on this clock originally.  I was thinking that it was supposed to go on the inside of the back cover of the clock based on some pictures I saw online, but I see other pictures that show in on the outside of the back cover.  Adding it after the clock is fully assembled could be tricky.  If it needs to go on the inside of the back cover, the clock would need to be almost completely dismantled.  The assembly of this clock is somewhat complicated.  The movement is held to the back cover with three machine screws, and the case is held to the back cover with six sheet metal screws.  The glass dial rests against the front of the case and the crystal rests on spacers on the dial.  The bezel holds the crystal and dial to the case, and it is held by six sheet metal screws.  Removing the movement or rotor would require removing the bezel (with its six screws), crystal, dial, and hands.  I could probably add it to the outside of the back cover carefully.  If the movement would be detached from the back with the dial in place, there would be a strong risk of cracking the dial.

Thank You

Larry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:49:50 AM by Larry »

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 10:52:19 AM »
I figured out a way to attach the paperboard back cover with tag without dismantling or damaging the clock, so I attached it this morning.  Now my clock is complete thanks to Pat_L.

Larry

Duncan

• Clock Talker 1st Class
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 04:51:43 PM »
Larry,

Last week I purchased the same clock from an antique store in Newark, DE...unfortunately, with no guts or back!!  However the metal case, outer glass, and glass dial were in good shape!  Any chance you have photos of the movement and lighting arrangement?  I'm hoping that I might find the necessary missing parts in the next decade or so, but I need to know what I'm looking for!!!

Thanks!

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »
Larry,

Last week I purchased the same clock from an antique store in Newark, DE...unfortunately, with no guts or back!!  However the metal case, outer glass, and glass dial were in good shape!  Any chance you have photos of the movement and lighting arrangement?  I'm hoping that I might find the necessary missing parts in the next decade or so, but I need to know what I'm looking for!!!

Thanks!

I should have taken pictures, but I don't think that I did, and I cannot find any.  I can say that there are two standard light bulb sockets, one mounted in front of each of the vented covers on the back, and the movement is mounted to the back cover with three posts held with #6 (or is it #4) screws.  There is a SPST pull-chain switch mounted inside the case at the bottom.  One of the leads to each of the bulb sockets is resistive wire with thick asbestos insulation.  I am sorry that I cannot be of more help. 

You might be able to find one of these clocks with missing or broken glass,  The glass breaks quite easily on these.

Larry

Duncan

• Clock Talker 1st Class
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 10:16:33 AM »
Larry,

That's what I'm hoping for!  Thanks for answering my question...and you have a nice clock!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk