Author Topic: 2H22 Pantry Question  (Read 183 times)

Larry

• Telechron Elder
2H22 Pantry Question
« on: May 12, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »
I bought a cheap 2H22 Pantry, along with a 329 Colonial, at the flea market this morning, and I just removed the back cover (which had been glued to the case in the corners).  Obviously, there were posts which have broken off, and some parts are missing.  Can someone direct me to a picture which shows how things are supposed to look inside?

Thank You

Larry

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
Re: 2H22 Pantry Question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
Here's a pic of the inside of my Pantry. There are clips that slide down on the posts and hold the movement plate in place.
"Well aren't you just a fun-filled little lollipop triple-dipped in psycho."

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »
Here's a pic of the inside of my Pantry. There are clips that slide down on the posts and hold the movement plate in place.

That is just what I had imagined.  All four of my posts are completely broken off, and there are no clips in my clock, so I will have to improvise something kludgey, probably with aluminum tape (when in doubt, use aluminum tape).

In the mean time, I am waiting for some sunlight so that I can try to bleach the outside of the case back to its original white.  It is more of a dirty ivory color now.  The paper/foil dial on mine is in very good condition.  The crystal was very scratched, but I managed to improve it a bit.  Other than the rotor and movement, this is like a disposable clock.  I am glad that I paid only $4 for mine.

Thank You

Larry

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »
I let the case soak in a chlorine bleach and water solution in the sunlight (which is very rare here in southeast Michigan) yesterday, and it now looks much more white.  I did alot of sanding and polishing to the very scratched crystal so it looks almost presentable now.  I reassembled the clock, using six strips of aluminum tape to hold the movement to the case, last night and hung it on the kitchen wall.  After putting about $200 worth of time and effort into a $4 clock, I think that it might now be worth $20.  it is not really a bad looking clock.

Larry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk