Author Topic: Wooden Spacers  (Read 116 times)

Larry

• Telechron Elder
Wooden Spacers
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »
When I opened my 2F01 Consort today, I found that it had a H rotor (which someone had drilled and oiled) and wooden spacers on both sides, though the screws were not running through them.  Has anyone here seen wood spacers like these?  They seem to be the correct size.  Were these used in the very early days of H rotors?

Larry

henny

• Telechron Elder
    • Telechron Rotor Site
Re: Wooden Spacers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:23:31 PM »
Never seen them before and it doesn't seem like Telechron's style to use wooden motor parts.

The clock probably came with an F rotor that had integrated/die cast standoffs.  When the F rotor died someone probably substituted an H-3  and came up with these wooden standoffs/spacers.

cable ulysses

• Telechronie
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
I've seen these on a couple of Telechron/GE clocks.  I'm almost certain somewhere on this site there's an image--probably from Pappy--of the several different styles including these wooden ones.  They are called "spreader posts" in the tech literature.  I did a quick search and couldn't find the image.  It may well be a "bonus" image in the parade of clocks, but I didn't attempt to go through those.

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 11:34:31 PM »
They really look too good for me to believe that they were homemade.  I plan to use them in the reassembled clock.

Larry

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »
I knew I had seen somewhere on Pappy's site that Telechron used wooden spacers at some point

http://www.telechron.net/eod/7h233.htm
"Well aren't you just a fun-filled little lollipop triple-dipped in psycho."

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »
Yeah.  Real.  At the risk of sounding like Boinker (whom I dearly miss), I've seen plenty of these.  You kids today with your aluminum spreader posts....
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

cable ulysses

• Telechronie
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 12:14:45 PM »
I knew I had seen somewhere on Pappy's site that Telechron used wooden spacers at some point

http://www.telechron.net/eod/7h233.htm

Shipnerd did it so I didn't have to.  Kudos.

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
Thank you to everyone for the information.  I now feel legitimate.

Larry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk