Author Topic: Hammond "Egg Timer"  (Read 298 times)

Larry

• Telechron Elder
Hammond "Egg Timer"
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:10:10 AM »
This clock: ebay link arrived yesterday evening.  I already have two versions of the Hammond Hampton, which is the same clock with a different dial face and hands.  I had been looking for this model with the fancier face and hands, so I couldn't resist the $17 BIN.  The dial on this clock is in just about perfect condition, and the chrome plates case is in very good condition, but there are some scrapes and scratches.  It did clean up considerably from how it looked in the listing pictures.  The glass also has some scrapes, but overall, the clock looks quite nice.  The movement was in very good condition, only dirty.

Unlike most of my Hammonds, this one has no model name on the tag.  I have seen this model referred to as the "Egg Timer".  Was there an official name for this model?

Larry

2ndGenFan

• Telechronie
Re: Hammond "Egg Timer"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »

Modern Wall...  ???

Hampton -

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
Interesting.  The tag on mine is different and includes a serial number but no model name or number.

Larry

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 09:34:22 PM »
I've never seen it but I like it.  How does that middle hand go?  Once around every 3 minutes?
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »
I've never seen it but I like it.  How does that middle hand go?  Once around every 3 minutes?

Yes, it moves from one number to the next in one minute, three minutes to go one complete cycle.  It was supposedly intended for timing three minute eggs.  Hammond made some great clocks during the 1930s.

Larry

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:09 AM »
I love clocks with little features like that.   |9|
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk