Author Topic: Blue 454 Hostess  (Read 52 times)

Larry

• Telechron Elder
Blue 454 Hostess
« on: November 10, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
I bought this 454 Hostess: https://www.ebay.com/itm/362138571295 a couple of weeks ago.  I am surprised that it did not sell for much more.  It appears to be in excellent condition.  The threads at the end of the time setting stem are good enough to work with a spare time setting knob that I had.  The stuff near the '4' and '6' in the picture is the exoskeletons from former clock residents.

I haven't tried to dismantle the clock yet, but I did remove the back cover and saw that the top of the rotor had been soldered, which would suggest that someone drilled and oiled it, though the rest of the clock shows little sign of use.  One of the tiny screws which hold the back cover to the case is missing.  The screws are larger than #2 and smaller than #4, so I expect that they are #3, but I have no idea what the thread count is.  Can someone here tell me where I can find replacement screws?

Thank You

Larry

cable ulysses

• Telechronie
Re: Blue 454 Hostess
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »
Usually number 3 screws are 3-48.  The time set is 3-48 left hand thread.  On some of the alarm clocks the alarm set might be 3-48 right hand which you might try if you have one handy.

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:22:21 PM »
Thank you for the information.  I will probably have to order some screws online.  I see that albanycountyfasteners.com has such screws, but they want $6.50 to ship $1.75 worth of screws.  I will probably start working on this clock in the next couple of days.  I am accumulating a host of Hostesses and New Hostesses.

Larry

Larry

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:01 PM »
I cleaned and reassembled the clock.  I found a small screw which works for now, even though it is not the proper type.  This clock is in remarkable condition.

Larry
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:12:44 PM by Larry »