Author Topic: GE 8113 - Time Scan  (Read 9342 times)

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
Re: GE 8113 - Time Scan
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 04:15:18 PM »
Very nice.  I have mine in daily-use in my living room.  Easy to read at night.  Amazingly accurate.

Silverdollar Productions

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 04:16:49 PM »
Credit due where credit earned!  That came out real nice!  

See Geezer!  Neat things like that keep you out of that Canadian wilderness chasing moose!
Good job!!!

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »
Very nice.  I have mine in daily-use in my living room.  Easy to read at night.  Amazingly accurate.

Mine is on top of the TV where it fills the role as an ambient light for the TV and clock at the same time. It looks like a miniature TV on top of a large TV. Totally cool  8)

But it is a good thing I am almost totally deaf. As I seem to remember, these clocks tend to make a flip sound a bit like cards being dealt. That sound could drive me crazy at night if I could hear it.
He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 04:26:04 PM »
Credit due where credit earned!  That came out real nice! 

See Geezer!  Neat things like that keep you out of that Canadian wilderness chasing moose!
Good job!!!

The last time I saw a moose was up in the Northern part of Michigan around the Soo. I have never seen one in Canada  ;D

But down here in the warmth of southern Ontario (where it is presently snowing and blowing like crazy), I am more likely to keep an eye out for coyotes (mean little buggers!)  *}}

And yeah, I manage to keep busy. I have a zebrawood "Park Avenue" coming my way next week.
He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 11:46:28 PM »
Excellent job Geezer! It seems like such a relatively simple alteration, I wonder why GE never added a light to this model in the first place?  ???
"Well aren't you just a fun-filled little lollipop triple-dipped in psycho."

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »
Credit due where credit earned!  That came out real nice!  

See Geezer!  Neat things like that keep you out of that Canadian wilderness chasing moose!
Good job!!!

Actually when Canadians find a moose, they put it to work:

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »
Credit due where credit earned!  That came out real nice! 

See Geezer!  Neat things like that keep you out of that Canadian wilderness chasing moose!
Good job!!!

Actually when Canadians find a moose, they put it to work:

Great shot, Mike! I wonder if the bear appreciated the back-rub he was getting?

Here's a shot to show just how much they revere the moose out on the Canadian prairies:

I've read about them Canadian moose.  One made the news a few years back.  Got his picture taken, he did.  It seems he was what you might call a broad-minded moose.  But then he was a Canadian moose, so, I guess that's pretty much to be expected.  Or, maybe he was just a very friendly moose?   Or, maybe he was thinking about trying to change his luck?   ;D 

Here's a shot to show just how much they revere the moose out on the Canadian prairies:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:56:48 PM by Geezer »

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »
 |-O |-O |-O |-O |-O |-O |-O |-O |-O |-O
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »

What bear, Geezer? That looks like a heifer to me.  ???    

I like your billboard photo. |-O That's one very funny ad. A really memorable ad like that one is worth a fortune, because people will remember it for years. It probably made the restaurant famous. 

Mike, I had a really good look at that picture and I am fairly certain that the smaller animal is indeed a baby. But to me it appears to be a baby buffalo. They are kept in special tracts of conservation land east of Edmonton. The moose also roam that area freely and mingle with the buffalo herds. (But nobody that I know has ever seen a "Buffamoose!  ;D )

You know, I have a load of pictures that poke good-natured fun at my "Home and native land." I may share a few later...

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2009, 04:59:58 PM »

What bear, Geezer? That looks like a heifer to me.  ???    

I like your billboard photo. |-O That's one very funny ad. A really memorable ad like that one is worth a fortune, because people will remember it for years. It probably made the restaurant famous. 

Mike, I had a really good look at that picture and I am fairly certain that the smaller animal is indeed a baby. But to me it appears to be a baby buffalo. They are kept in special tracts of conservation land east of Edmonton. The moose also roam that area freely and mingle with the buffalo herds. (But nobody that I know has ever seen a "Buffamoose!  ;D )

You know, I have a load of pictures that poke good-natured fun at my "Home and native land." I may share a few later...

You may well be right, Geezer.  I spent my summers on the farm when I was young, but I am no expert on any kind of animal life, wild or domestic.  :)  Though I do love dogs and enjoyed many an afternoon in the field with my German Short-Haired Pointers.  Never did hunt with them; just enjoyed taking them out on the ridge on long walks and letting them run     

I hope you will share photos of Canada.  I've traveled in Canada only twice, and on both occasions I spent most of my time there in Montreal, a beautiful city.  I'd love to see more of Canada.  I've read several of Farley Mowat's books over the years, and he really sold me on Canada.   :) 

My daughter had a German Pointer. Boy, do they need exercise! Like all the time!

OK, here is a Christmas Tree straight from Prince Edward Island which is known for the huge and delicious lobsters.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Boinker

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2009, 05:27:32 PM »
just remember, We all eat lobsters, and in asia they eat dogs and monkeys.
actually in the middle east they despise dogs... and think they are all filthy and related to the devil.
dogs are usually killed there all the time.
 cultural differences.  or is this indicative of a cultural gap that will NEVeR be bridged.  ??? ???

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 06:12:01 PM »
Sheese...no wonder those Arabians don't like us.  We got dogs all over the place...

(The next dude should move this to Stuff & Junk, or let it die...)

Boinker

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »
and some of us are married to dogs......
ouch... bang boom eeek.. only kidding honey pie love of my life  :)

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »
I have noticed that "guests" are often viewing this thread.

Could it be that google or yahoo provides search results on this post that has numerous and an odd conglomeration of topics listed?

http://telechron.net/forager/index.php?topic=307.msg2186#msg2186

(even in 1968...when,
The Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl II
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In debuts on NBC
Vietnam War: The Tet Offensive begins,
The film version of 2001: A Space Odyssey premieres in Washington, D.C.
Martin Luther King, Jr. is shot dead at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee
U.S. presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy is shot at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California
60 Minutes debuts on CBS
The Beatles release their White Album.
Apollo Program: U.S. spacecraft Apollo 8 enters orbit around the Moon...
the good old Warren rotor technology is still the heart of this GE clock unit..., amazing...)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:04:25 PM by Kid Clock »

Cyclometer

• Telechronie
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
Kid,

I think everyone keeps coming to get that LED schematic you mention in Reply #23 but it isn't there anymore. Maybe you should upload it again... :-()

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk