Author Topic: GE 8113 - Time Scan  (Read 9344 times)

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
Re: GE 8113 - Flip Clock
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
hmmm...Flip clocks....

(just wanted to have my name on the latest post for all categories...clock.clock.clock....)

Pappy

• Arch Telechron Elder
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 11:00:25 PM »
*sigh*  You know GE clocks aren't really "Other Clocks"

Go Sox
What this country needs is a good $5 parts clock.

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »
...go ahead, Pappy...move it...
we all know you.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ew9y_madagascar-i-like-move-it_animals

Boinker

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 08:56:23 PM »
i think tom needs another project soon. the man has too much TIMEon his hands.
very dangerous for an horologist, even a beginner.
    i think a detailed view of the famous telechron chrome timer will keep him busy.
be warned.

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 08:59:11 PM »
 >:[

You're right...I have no new clocks to work on... >:[

(although...you have to admit the music video was appropriate...)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:11:26 PM by Kid Clock »

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »
This model is called the "Time Scan", here's an ad I found from 1969... 

Since I'm a busy executive, it's ideal for me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:52:28 PM by Kid Clock »

shipnerd

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 12:06:15 PM »
This model is called the "Time Scan", here's an ad I found from 1969...  

Since I'm a busy executive, it's ideal for me.

Interesting how #6, The Decor-Ette is shown here as being a "Fashionable new clock" in 1969. By that time it was already pushing close to 20 years old! It's just the 7H215 Decor with a snooze function. They were probably hawking it as "new" because of that, and the faux woodgrain case.

http://www.telechrontime.net/boom/7h215.htm
"Well aren't you just a fun-filled little lollipop triple-dipped in psycho."

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 08:51:27 PM »
Hey Kid, I just went and got one of those 8113 Flip clocks on eBay. I haven't actually received it yet, but I think I'd like to do the LED add-on job that you did to yours. I was looking at the LEDs that you wired together, but couldn't quite make out how they were wired together. It looks as if that you have a capacitor wired in with them. Could you describe how you actually wire them up? Thanks!
He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57:10 PM »
Here you go, Geez...

My circuit hasn't started a fire...yet.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:03:07 AM by Kid Clock »

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 12:44:56 PM »
Thanks Tom. I just discovered an alternative that I might try out. I have an LED nightlight that conked out. The problem was the photo-sensor, so I am in the process of removing the LED and associated circuit leaving the Photo sensor out of it. I'll see how this goes. If it works I'll just transplant the thing into the clock. If it doesn't I'll go to my nearest electronics supply store (Radio Shack no longer operates in Canada  :'( )

Thanks, John.
He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 09:36:37 AM »

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »
OK, I got my flip clock and it runs beautifully. But some of the leaves look a tad on the grungy side, so I'll have to clean every doggone leaf!

As for illumination, I got a neon illuminated alarm clock awhile back that is a complete piece of crap. But the bulb works. So, I'll just transplant the bulb into the flip clock. It will likely give a very warm, subdued glow to the leaves - which is really what I would prefer. I'll also have to figure how to rig some diffusion so that whole thing is evenly illuminated. Hmmm, since the neon is cool to the touch, maybe just a layer of paper.

Later...

Need to add this: I just discovered that the clock is missing the brass feet after making a huge scratch with the bottom screws moving the clock across a table surface! :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:17:32 PM by Geezer »

Kid Clock

• Telechron Elder
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
The original feet are somewhat fancy.  They appear to be brass. They also feature a small inset in the bottom of each foot to receive a small felt disc.  No scratches on my desk.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:38:41 PM by Kid Clock »

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
The original feet are somewhat fancy.  They appear to be brass. They also feature a small inset in the bottom of each foot to receive a small felt disc.  No scratches on my desk.

Well, I came up with a solution. I dig deep in my parts bin and came up with four spokes from a discarded Yachtman clock and screwed them into the places where the original feet went. Here is the result:

PS: I may grind them down to the spot where they are widest and add felt. But you know what it is like when you try and shorten the legs of a table or chair....

Geezer

• Senior Clock Talker
Re: GE 8113 - Time Scan
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
OK, here is a photo of my Flip Clock with a neon bulb installed (transplanted from a cheap plastic GE alarm clock). I think it looks rather neat on its stilt-like feet and soft orange glow...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk